Keeping Things Above Board
We take security seriously so you can focus on the numbers.
The contents of Square Practice are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and its pages are subject to change or withdrawal at any time.
NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, IS MADE IN RELATION TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF THESE PAGES. SQUARE PRACTICE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE.
These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the United States without regard to the conflict or choice of law rules thereof. The courts residing in the state of California, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising hereunder. Please reference the Terms and Conditions that are specific to our Software and Services before purchase and installation.
HIPAA BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AGREEMENT & SUBMISSION
To electronically submit the Business Associate Agreement (BAA), complete the requirements in the boxes below. You will not receive an auto-filled version of the BAA upon completing an electronic submission; however, your account will be updated to reflect your acceptance of the BAA. To print a hard copy of the BAA signed by Square Practice, Inc., click on the Business Associate Agreement link below. When the PDF file opens, click the print icon in your browser toolbar. The print icon is usually found in the upper left corner of your browser.
BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AGREEMENT
How and why we collect your personal information
How we use and safeguard your information
When and with whom we share your information
he choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
II. Policy Scope
III. Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your experience on the site. We limit the amount of personal information collected to that required to support our specific purpose in requesting it. The following are some examples of the ways in which we may collect information from you:
A. Information Request Forms
We may collect personal information from you (such as name, phone number, postal code and email) on our contact page.
B. Email Updates
We may collect personal information (such as name and email address) from you when you choose to receive marketing-related email updates from us, or our affiliates.
We may use “cookies” to track site usage and trends, to improve the quality of the site, and to customize your experience on the site. We may save a “cookie” – a small text file – on your computer. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use the site.
D. Log Files
When you visit the site, we collect the IP (“Internet Protocol”) address connected to your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system, the type of browser you are using, mobile device operating system (if you are accessing squarepractice.com using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP (“Internet Service Provider”) or your mobile carrier. We use this information to analyze overall trends to help improve the site. We do not share with third parties, the linkage between your IP address and your information on the site, unless required by law to do so.
IV. How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to offer and provide you with products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, fraud prevention and other correlated functions. Some examples include:
To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
To register and service your account;
To provide customer service and to alert you to product information;
To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites and marketing;
To send you information about our products, services and promotions; and
To protect the security or integrity of the site and our business.
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and non-personal information we collect online with offline information, including information from third parties. We may transfer or disclose your information with our affiliated companies for these purposes.
V. Ways We Share Your Information to Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your consent. We may only disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
A. Service Providers
We may disclose or otherwise make information about you available to service providers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors and companies that help us improve our product and service offerings and our websites. Your information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
B. Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may need to disclose your information and/or information about your activities as a user of the site when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
Exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Square Practice, Inc., our users, employees, agents or others.
C. Business Transfers
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Square Practice, Inc., or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Square Practice, Inc. transfers or sells the assets of the site will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
VI. Other Websites
VII. How we Safeguard your Information
Square Practice takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on our Web site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information. Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Square Practice is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and trust placed in us by our customers. We protect individually identifiable personal and health information such as names, addresses, and Protected Health Information.
We protect the confidentiality of information it receives by adhering to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule. The Privacy Rule governs the acquisition, storage, transfer and retention of Protected Health Information, in both electronic and paper formats. The Security Rule covers all information acquired, maintained or transferred electronically. We comply with all business associate obligations under HIPAA/HITECH, enabling us to provide the highest level of service to our customers. Square Practice follows the policies and practices it has documented in its HIPAA Privacy Manual and in its HIPAA Security Compliance Plan. These documents cover areas such as:
Physical security of electronic equipment used to acquire and store PHI
Technical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to PHI
Training and awareness for staff members who have access to PHI
We respect the privacy of personal health information and take securing your and your patients’ data seriously. Square Practice’s services are HIPAA ready and enable practices using the system to comply with its obligations as a Covered Entity.
IX. Children and Minors
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children may not use the site, and we request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to the site.
XII. Contact Us
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Agreement commences on the date You accept it and continues until all User subscriptions granted in accordance with this Agreement have expired or been terminated.
2. Square Practice, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate this Agreement and use of the Software or Service and refuse any and all current or future use of the Software or Service, or any other Square Practice product or service, for any reason at any time. Square Practice will use all reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to warn You prior to suspension or termination of Your account.
3. Licensed User subscriptions commence on the purchase date, or the start date specified in the applicable subscription plan, and continue for the subscription term specified therein. Except as otherwise specified in writing, all Licensee terms shall automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term, unless either party gives the other notice of non-renewal before the end of the relevant subscription term.
4. Upon termination of this Agreement, the Licensee will cease using the Software and Services.
5. The Software or Service is billed using a monthly subscription plan (“Monthly Subscription Plan”). The subscription period for the Monthly Subscription Plan will be one month and will automatically renew unless you cancel your Monthly Subscription Plan in accordance with these Terms at least fifteen (15) business days prior to the renewal date. You will be billed monthly for the Monthly Subscription Plan on or about the same day each month until such time that you cancel your Monthly Subscription Plan. There will be no refunds or credits for partial periods of service.
6. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
7. You are solely responsible for properly cancelling the Service or deleting your account by contacting your consultant at 888-247-5017 or emailing email@example.com.
8. The Software or Service will immediately be inaccessible upon deletion of your Account, and inaccessible at the end of Your current billing cycle upon cancellation of the Service. Specifically when deleting your account, for Square Practice Dashboard web and mobile, after 48 hours, all of the settings and your data held in Square Practice Dashboard for web and mobile will be inaccessible to You. During the 48 hours after Your deletion request, Your account may be reactivated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. If you cancel or delete Your account before the end of your current paid up period, You will not be charged again.
THIRD PARTY APPS
To see the security details of the software we use for installations, please visit these sites by clicking on their logos.
Payment Processing Service
Primary Remote Login Service
Secondary Remote Login Service